In this guide we are going to show you how to root Sprint LG G4 (LS991). Root exploit for Sprint LG G4 (LS991) is now available, users can easily root their device by following our guide here at Thunderztech.com.
The rooting process is never recommended by the device manufacturer as it’s a custom process and wipes all the instructions set for your device itself by the manufacturer. Rooting is a process to take administrative control of Android system and lets you enhance your device performance and can add more tweaks and mod by gaining root access on your device, rooting gives you the access to the deepest cores of the Android System. You can make changing in your system files, install custom recovery to flash custom ROMs or mods and much more. Just follow the below guide to root your Sprint LG G4 (LS991).
Before we proceed and start the rooting process let’s tell you briefly some benefits of having rooted device.
Benefits of Rooting Sprint LG G4 (LS991)
By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 1000Mhz processor speed you can enhance it too 1200Mhz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power. Rooting also allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
- Download LG USB drivers
- Your device Bootloader should be unlock or click here for official unlocking.
Download these files:
Download & Extract LG Root.zip
Download Root file for Sprint LG G4
How to root Sprint LG G4 (LS991)
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root access on your Sprint LG G4 (LS991).
- Connect your device to your PC and copy the extracted root file for Sprint LG G4 into your device storage.
- Now Turn off your device & turn it on again into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Up Key + Power Key simultaneously with the device plugged in the USB port of your PC.
- Your device should now be in the fastboot mode, go to LG_Root folder which you have extracted earlier and click the ports.bat file.
- A command window will appear with the COM port numbers, search for the port number with DIAG and note it down for the later use.
- Now open the extracted LG_Root folder again & press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder then Click on Open command prompt here as shown in picture below.
- A command window will appear again and type the following command.
Send-Command.exe \\. \COM4
(The DIAG Port number you noted above)
- If the flash process gone well you will see # sign which means you are successfully done.
- Then type the following command
- You will get a text like “uid=(0)root gid=(0)root”.
- Once done with the above steps its time to give a final command to root your LG G4.
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.LS991ZV5.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- It will take some minutes to root your Sprint LG G4, your device will reboot itself once the process is completed.
- After the reboot open your apps menu and look for the SuperSU app.
That’s all! You have successfully rooted your Sprint LG G4 (LS991). If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.