In this guide we will show the step by step process to root your OnePlus 2. In the previous guide you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2, now using the same recovery we will flash the SuperSU.zip to gain root access on your device. This is the easiest process among the last two we perfomed earlier, it will just take less then a minute to flash the root file on your OnePlus 2. Once you get root access on your device you can get access to the customization world using your Android device.
Rooting is a process to take administrative control of Android system and lets you enhance your device performance and you can add more tweaks and mod by gaining root access on your device, rooting gives you the access to the deepest cores of the Android System. Just follow the below guide to root your OnePlus 2.
Before we proceed and start the rooting process let’s tell you briefly some benefits of having rooted device.
Benefits of Rooting OnePlus 2
Overclock CPU frequency: By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 800 MHz processor speed you can enhance it too 1000 MHz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power.
Bloatware kill: Rooting allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Modification in System: Rooting allows you modify the system settings and add or remove the system files. Advance file explorers with an ability to gain root access are used in this operation, even you can also made the third party apps permanent in the system files directory.
Now let’s move forward and follow the tutorial to root your OnePlus 2.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
- Download OnePlus 2 USB drivers
- TWRP recovery must be installed in your device or follow this guide to install TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2
Download these files:
How to root OnePlus 2
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root access on your OnePlus 2.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the SuperSU.zip to the internal memory of your OnePlus 2
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or by typing the following command.
” adb reboot recovery “
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select theSuperSU.zip file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your OnePlus 2. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.