In this detailed tutorial we are going to help you on each step to install TWRP recovery and root Xiaomi Mi Max Pro. The Xiaomi Mi Max Pro is the latest device recently released and fortunately now you can root and install latest official TWRP on it. Previously we have posted similar guide for Xiaomi Mi Max and following the same procedure we are writing this tutorial. Just carry on along with the guide to root and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max Pro.
There are multiple benefits of rooting along TWRP recovery installed on your device including you can install Xposed Framework, mods and Custom ROMs to enhance user experience. So just go ahead and follow the step by step process to install TWRP custom recovery and root Xiaomi Mi Max Pro.
How to Root and install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max Pro
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
- Download Xiaomi USB drivers.
- Download and Extract adb fastboot.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Max Pro [helium]
- Download SuperSU v2.65
Process to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max Pro
Just follow the below simple steps in sequence to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max Pro.
Extract the downloaded TWRP recovery file and rename in to recovery.img
Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier and copy the TWRP recovery inside the adb-and-fastboot folder.
Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
Click on Open command prompt here as shown in picture below.
Now enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode,
“adb reboot bootloader”
Then type the following command to flash TWRP recovery in your device,
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
Wait for the process to complete.
Once you have successfully installed TWRP recovery now its time to root your Xiaomi Mi Max Pro.
How to root Xiaomi Mi Max Pro
Just follow the below steps in sequence to obtain root access on your Xiaomi Mi Max Pro.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the SuperSU.zip in the internal memory of your Xiaomi Mi Max Pro.
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or by typing the following command.
” adb reboot recovery “
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the SuperSU.zip file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery & rooted your Xiaomi Mi Max Pro. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.