In the previous guide you have successfully unlocked bootloader of OnePlus 2 and now in this tutorial we are going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2. OnePlus 2 is a latest device with powerful hardware components and decent specification, OnePlus has made significant changes in OnePlus 2. Display size is same as that of OnePlus One but the over all design is a bit different, under the hood 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor along 4GB of RAM on board but only 16 GB storage variant has 3 GB of RAM and a 3300 mAh battery. You can enhance device performance by adding tweaks and mods to your device and for doing so you need custom recovery.
There are multiple benefits of having a custom recovery installed on your device which you will see below. The process for the installation of TWRP recovery is very simple and easy just follow the guide as mentioned below in the step sequence. Before we move ahead for the installation process, let’s have an overview of what you can do further with a custom recovery .
Benefits of Custom Recovery on OnePlus 2
Flash Custom ROMs: Custom recovery let’s you flash the custom firmware in your device, Custom ROMs have freedom to customize User-Interface and much more which you can’t find in the Stock firmware. You can update to any type of Android firmware available for your device.
Mods and Tweaks: Android OS let’s you install custom mods and tweaks, further you can install custom kernels to over clock CPU speed to enhance device performance.
Now it’s time to start the process to install TWRP recovery in OnePlus 2.
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including installation of Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked or follow this guide
Download these files:
Process to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2
Just follow the below simple steps in sequence to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2.
- Extract the downloaded TWRP recovery file and rename in to recovery.img
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
- Open the adb-and-fastboot folder you extracted earlier and copy the TWRP recovery inside the adb-and-fastboot folder.
- Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Click on Open command prompt here as shown in picture below.
- Now enter the following command to boot your device into bootloader mode,
“adb reboot bootloader”
- Then type the following command to flash TWRP recovery in your device,
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- Wait for the process to complete.
That’s it, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 2. Now the last step is to root OnePlus 2, just follow the below guide to root your OnePlus 2 using TWRP recovery.