In this tutorial we are going to show you how to install ClockworkMod recovery & root Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Samsung Galaxy S3 is a bit old but still a popular device that sold in a huge number in the market, powerful hardware with Quad Core processor along 1 GB of RAM on board. That’s the reason these devices have millions of user all over the world, most of them upgraded their device and switched to latest models but still majority of them still have this device. So here in this guide we will guide you on the step by step process to flash ClockworkMod recovery & root Galaxy S3.
There are multiple benefits of root and having a custom recovery installed on your device including you can install Xposed Framework, mods and Custom ROMs to enhance user experience. So in this guide we will show you the step by step process to Install CWM Recovery and root Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, the process is very simple and easy just follow the guide as mentioned below in the step sequence. Before we move ahead for the installation process, let’s have an overview of what you can do further with a custom recovery & a rooted device .
Benefits of Custom Recovery on Galaxy S3 GT-19300
Flash Custom ROMs: Custom recovery let’s you flash the custom firmware in your device, Custom ROMs have freedom to customize User-Interface and much more which you can’t find in the Stock firmware. You can update to any type of Android firmware available for your device.
Mods and Tweaks: Android OS let’s you install custom mods and tweaks, further you can install custom kernels to over clock CPU speed to enhance device performance.
Backup and Restore firmware: Custom recovery also contain feature to backup/restore whole OS including data and Apps. You can store multiple backups of your device depending on the available storage.
Benefits of Rooting Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Overclock CPU frequency: By gaining root access on your device you can overclock the CPU frequency for example, if your device has maximum of 1000 MHz processor speed you can enhance it too 1200 MHz and you can feel a difference in performance. But it is not always recommended to overclock CPU more then it’s maximum power.
Bloatware kill: Rooting allows you to remove non usable pre-installed apps by provided by device manufacturer. Removing these apps will give you more RAM and free storage space.
Battery Life Enhancement: You can stop/ remove the unwanted back-end services permanently, because it always keeps the processor awake which results in much battery drain.
Custom Rom: You can install a custom firmware only on a rooted device because some software demands a rooted device to flash a custom recovery (a software use to flash custom ROM in a device).
Modification in System: Rooting allows you modify the system settings and add or remove the system files. Advance file explorers with an ability to gain root access are used in this operation, even you can also made the third party apps permanent in the system files directory.
Now it’s time to start the process to install CWM recovery & root Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
How to Install ClockworkMod recovery & Root Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom, Custom recovery and root. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
- Your phone battery should be charged minimum 70%
Download these files:
- Download Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and Extract Odin 3.09
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download SuperSU
Process to install ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Just follow the below steps in sequence to flash custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- Click Odin3.09.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode, to do so turn off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to pc via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- In Odin click the AP tab and select the CWM recovery .tar file.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Connect your device to your PC
- Transfer the downloaded SuperSu zip file on your phone’s internal storage.
- Now turn off your device properly & turn it on again by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously.
- Your device will enter ClockWorkMod recovery, once in recovery
- Select Install Zip from sdcard >> Choose zip from sdcard and select SuperSu.zip file that you copied to your device earlier.
- Select Yes and wait for the installation to complete.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted & installed ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.