In this guide we are going to guide you on the step by step process to install Stock firmware on your Moto X Play XT1562. The stock firmware is the only option left when your device stuck in a bootloop after installing custom ROM or you find the custom firmware buggy and unstable. The Stock firmware is always bug free and pretty stable as the official firmware are tested by the device manufacturer months before release.
So if you want to revert back to stock firmware we recommend you to use the RSDLite firmware update tool by Motorola. You can also install Stock firmware on your Moto X Play using commands in ADB but RSDLite is good in aspect that you don’t need to type command one after the other, just click the start button and that’s all.
How to flash stock firmware on Moto X Play XT1562 using RSDLite
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes installation process of Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Enable USB Debugging (Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging)
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download these files:
Download Motorola USB drivers
Download Moto X Play XT1562 Stock Firmware
Process to Install Stock firmware on Moto X Play XT1562
- Extract the downloaded Stock firmware in a folder.
- Once extracted open it and find an XML file in there, now click to open the XML with Notepad.
- In the line of codes remove the “step operation = “getvar” var = “max-download-size” line in the XML file.
- Now close the XML file and save the changes.
- Turn off your device now and reboot it again by pressing and holding Power + Volume down key until you see fastboot mode.
- Now connect your device to PC and run the RSDLite tool.
- If RSDLite detects your device, device connected notification is seen on the RSDLite screen. (as shown)
- In RSDLite click on the three-dot button and select the XML file with command you edited earlier.
- Now click Start and wait for the installation process to complete.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Stock firmware on your Moto X Play XT1562 using RSDLite. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section.