Snapchat like its name lets you take a picture or video and send it to your friend by adding a caption to it and the same thing your friend can repeat. Snapchat is a full fledged multimedia messenger and it is one the best in its kind because of its stability and regular developments. Beside these all great features sometimes a strange error occurs all of a sudden from no where in Android devices and a message just pops out in front of your screen saying Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped and then everything vanishes. Well this is not an error from the Snapchat, it is an internal error of Android OS and it is simple to fix as well. So in this guide we will tell you how to fix Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped error on your Android devices in three different methods, just keep scrolling down to get the best one for you.
How to fix Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped Error
Method 1 to fix Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped error from Application Manager
- Unlock your Android device and navigate to Settings >> Apps or in some devices it is labeled as Application Manager
- Once in apps menu, swipe from right to left until you see “ALL” tab on top.
- In the “All” tab you will see list of installed apps that are currently running on your Android Device.
- Now keep scrolling down until you see Snapchat, now tap on it and you will be redirected to another menu with app details and memory consumption.
- Now tap on Clear Cache and then Clear data buttons.
Method 2 to fix Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped error via Play Store
- Go to your device App drawer and open Google Play Store.
- Once in Google Play, tap the “My Apps” menu on the top left.
- Find the Snapchat App and tap uninstall, this will uninstall the Snapchat from your device.
- Now install it again by clicking the same button and following the same installation procedure.
Method 3 to fix Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped Error via Phone Restart
The above two methods should work for you in resolving Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped error but if it still doesn’t work for you then you need to perform a soft reset, in other words you have to reboot your device. Rebooting gives your device a fresh start and solves the unfortunately stopped errors.
- Long press the Power Key and select “Reboot the device” The phone will turn off and restart it self.
- Once the reboot process complete, launch the Snapchat and it will work smoothly.
That’s it! You have successfully fixed the Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped error on your Android device. If you still have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries and opinion in the below provided comment box and also let us know which method helped you in fixing this “unfortunately stopped error”.