MX Player is one of the most downloaded video player on Android devices and its immense popularity is because of its smooth handling and on screen controls including double tap zoom feature along hardware acceleration of videos. This player support almost all formats of videos from .flv to full HD videos along subtitles support. Beside these all great features sometimes a strange error occurs all of a sudden from no where in Android devices and a message just pops out in front of your screen saying Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped and then everything vanishes. Well this is not an error from the MX Player, it is an internal error of Android OS and it is simple to fix as well. So in this guide we will tell you how to fix Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped error on your Android devices in three different methods, just keep scrolling down to get the best one for you.
How to fix Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped Error
Method 1 to fix Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped error from Application Manager
- Unlock your Android device and navigate to Settings >> Apps or in some devices it is labeled as Application Manager
- Once in apps menu, swipe from right to left until you see “ALL” tab on top.
- In the “All” tab you will see list of installed apps that are currently running on your Android Device.
- Now keep scrolling down until you see MX Player, now tap on it and you will be redirected to another menu with app details and memory consumption.
- Now tap on Clear Cache and then Clear data buttons.
Method 2 to fix Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped error via Play Store
- Go to your device App drawer and open Google Play Store.
- Once in Google Play, tap the “My Apps” menu on the top left.
- Find the MX Player App and tap uninstall, this will uninstall the MX Player from your device.
- Now install it again by clicking the same button and following the same installation procedure.
Method 3 to fix Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped Error via Phone Restart
The above two methods should work for you in resolving Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped error but if it still doesn’t work for you then you need to perform a soft reset, in other words you have to reboot your device. Rebooting gives your device a fresh start and solves the unfortunately stopped errors.
- Long press the Power Key and select “Reboot the device” The phone will turn off and restart it self.
- Once the reboot process complete, launch the MX Player and it will work smoothly.
That’s it! You have successfully fixed the Unfortunately MX Player has Stopped error on your Android device. If you still have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries and opinion in the below provided comment box and also let us know which method helped you in fixing this “unfortunately stopped error”.