If you are interested in changing custom ROMs or adding tweaks in your device you might be well aware of a word bootloop. The bootloop happens when you try to flash a custom ROM which is not compatible with your device or even if successfully installed in your device you might face a bootloop issue. When a device stuck in a bootloop, the boot process of your device stops working and device use to stuck in start/restart loop. But in this guide we have brought wonderful solution to fix the bootloop issue on your device.
Before you begin:
Download and Extract adb fastboot.
Proper USB drivers for your device must be installed.
How to fix bootloop issue after flashing custom ROM on your Android device
Just follow the below simple steps to fix a bootloop on your Android device.
- Extract the custom ROM zip on your PC (The ROM which you have installed on your device)
- Open the folder where you have extracted the custom ROM files
- Once in there, search for a file with name “boot” it will be an .img file.
- Copy and paste the boot.img file in the extracted adb-fastboot folder.
- Once in fastboot mode, Press SHIFT + Right-Click on an empty space inside the adb-fastboot folder.
- Turn off your device and turn it on again into fastboot/bootloader mode by hardware key combination or type the following command & press enter to reboot your device into bootloader mode(as shown).
“adb reboot bootloader”
- This will reboot your device to bootloader mode, now type the following command
“fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- This will fix the crashed boot process on your device.
- Wait for the boot image file to flash, once done simply reboot your device.
That’s it! I m pretty sure this will help you but if still the problem exists follow the method 2.
- Again reboot your device into fastboot/bootloader mode by typing the above mentioned command.
- Select the recovery option to enter into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition” and select yes.
- Once done with the above steps now select “reboot system now” to reboot your device.
That’s it! I hope this guide will help in fixing the bootloop issue but still if you face any problem during the process please let us know by posting your queries in the below provided comment box.