In this guide we are going to show you how to enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 including its all variants. You need to enter Download Mode for various reasons including downgrading/upgrading firmware or installing custom recovery on your device. Samsung Galaxy devices have almost same procedure to enter Download Mode or recovery mode, you can follow the below instructions to reboot your Galaxy Note 4 into Download Mode.
Download Mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 allows you to connect your device to your PC using adb. Once the connection is established you can send commands from PC to your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The process to enable the Download Mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is very easy and we have mentioned three methods for your ease you can use any one of them that you find easy.
How to Enter Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy Note 4 All variants
Follow the below three methods and pay attention on the step sequence mentioned for each method.
Method no 1: Enter Download Mode using third party app
- Unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 screen and from the apps menu, tap Google Play Icon
- Once in the Google Play, tap the search bar and type Quick Boot
- Download and install the Quick Boot App on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Run the app and follow on screen instructions
Method no 2: Enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using hardware keys combination
- Unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 screen, press and hold Power key
- Select Power Off to Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 completely
- Now turn it on again but this time you have to press and hold the Power Key, Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously.
- Keep pressing it until you see Download Mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- You are now in Download Mode.
Method no 3: Enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Command prompt
Before you begin:
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download and Extract adb fastboot.
Process to enter Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
- Open the adb-and-fastboot folder, Inside adb-and-fastboot folder, press SHIFT and Right-Click on an empty space inside the same folder.
- Click on Open command prompt here. (as shown)
- Now type the following command to boot your Galaxy Note 4 into Download Mode,
- In the cmd window type “adb reboot download”
- Wait for the device to enter into Download Mode.
That’s it! You have successfully learned to enter Download Mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. If you have any query regarding to this guide please let us know through below provided comment section.