LG has took start and finally rolls out the Android 7.0 Nougat major update for LG G5 in South Korea. The update is available via OTA in Korea and will be released in different phases for all the devices. Same as LG has kept secret about releasing the Nougat update for LG G5 in Korea so it will be available in other parts of world anytime soon. LG G5 is the first non Nexus device to receive the official Nougat update, the Android 7.0 Nougat update for LG G5 is live via OTA and LG Bridge, you will receive the OTA notification or try to download the update via LG Bridge (Process mentioned below).
The stock Nougat update for LG G5 has also brought many latest features inside it including redesigned interface, smarter notification, apps can now be run parallel, improved battery, new emojis and much more. Just follow the below procedure to download and install the stock Android 7.0 Nougat update on LG G5.
How to install Official Android 7.0 Nougat update on LG G5
First try the OTA method as mentioned below but it has a few limitations to get your device eligible for that, read them below.
- Your device must be stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or go for the LG Bridge software below.
- To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the LG servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later. If this method works for you then it’s awesome, otherwise grab the LG Bridge Software from below and follow the onscreen instructions.
How to update LG G5 on Official Android 7.0 Nougat via LG Bridge
- Open LG Bridge software and connect your device to PC
- Make sure you have latest Android USB drivers installed on PC.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to update your device.
Give us your feedback and stay tune for more updates.