Huawei P9 is just another device after LG G5 to receive the official Nougat beta update. The Android 7.0 Nougat update for Huawei P9 is officially released by Huawei carries build number C432B322 with EMUI 5.0 custom skin. The build number C432B322 is compatible with model EVA-L09 and EVA-L19, so installing the firmware on Huawei P9 with model EVA-L09 will show the build number EVA-L09C432B322 and on EVA-L19 it will be EVA-L19C432B322.
You can download both EVA-L19C432B322 and EVA-L09C432B322 from the links provided below. Please do not try it on any other variants that could result in bricking the device. The update is live via OTA but you can also install the Nougat beta firmware on Huawei P9 manually by following the below instructions.
How to update Huawei P9 on Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Huawei P9 to Android 7.0 Nougat. You use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Huawei servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later.
How to update Huawei P9 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes installation procedure of Huawei’ Stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Download Huawei USB drivers (Necessary for PC connection)
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
Process to update Huawei P9 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually
Download Android 7.0 Nougat firmware file specified for your device from the below provided links
- Open the Extracted firmware folder for Huawei P9, there you will see a folder with the name dload >> Update.APP.
- Now connect your Huawei P9 to PC and copy the dload folder with Update.APP file inside it to the internal storage of your device.
- Now open the Update menu under Settings
- Tap Menu key and select Local Update
- The device will start search for the UPDATE.APP you copied earlier.
- Once the device successfully completed the search a pop up will appear to install the latest update.
- Choose install and wait for the installation process to complete.
- You device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! you have successfully update your Huawei P9 to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.