Finally Team OnePlus started rolling out the long awaited Stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based OxygenOS 3.1.2 for OnePlus X. The latest firmware brought multiple new features, icons, launcher, wallpapers, Doze mode and much more. The OxygenOS 3.1.2 for OnePlus X carries security patch for the month of October 2016 further you can grab the firmware from the below provided link and flash it via stock recovery or even TWRP recovery. One more thing you need to be on the OxygenOS 2.2.3 to update it via stock recovery or OTA, because the previous update brought pre-Marshmallow important settings for OnePlus X. We have mentioned the link to OxygenOS 2.2.3 below for your ease just visit it and update your device.
You can also give a check for the OTA update, navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
Below we have mentioned two different procedures to update your OnePlus X on OxygenOS 3.1.2, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow on your OnePlus X.
Install Android 6.0.1 OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow on OnePlus X
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus X USB drivers
Procedure to install OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow on OnePlus X via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Download the OxygenOS 3.1.2 zip for OnePlus X from the link provided below.
- Copy the OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
Procedure to install OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow on OnePlus X via TWRP
Just follow the below steps in sequence to install OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow on your OnePlus X.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow complete firmware zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or any third party app.
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it! If you have successfully updated OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow on your OnePlus X please let us know, for any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Please give us like to say thanks and stay tune on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.
Download OxygenOS 3.1.2 Marshmallow OTA update for OnePlus X (stock recovery flashable)