OnePlus 2 is getting another latest firmware update by Team OnePlus, this is not the Nougat update but in fact it is packed with some improvements and bug fixes. This time its OxygenOS 3.1.0, the same update is also available for OnePlus 3 but that update has some different changelog. The OxygenOS 3.1.0 for OnePlus 2 is based on same Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with latest security patches and bug fixes with some improvements in Doze mode, you can also check the changelog of OxygenOS 3.1.0. The OxygenOS 3.1.0 is live via OTA, first give a check for the OTA update if you are already on OxygenOS 3.0.2 released previously, navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
Below we have mentioned the procedure to update your OnePlus 2 on OxygenOS 3.1.0, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest Oxygen OS 3.1.0 on your OnePlus 2. One thing you must remember that your device must be running on OxygenOS 3.0.1 or higher for updating it through stock recovery we have also mentioned a link to that for your ease.
- Fixed some notification issues
- Improved Doze Mode performance
- Added media sound toggle for alert slider
- Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue
- Implemented August 1 security patches for Android
- Implemented Quadrooter patch
- General bug fixes
How to install Android 6.0.1 Oxygen OS 3.1.0 Marshmallow on OnePlus 2
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus USB drivers
Procedure to install OxygenOS 3.1.0 on OnePlus 2 via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Copy the Oxygen OS 3.1.0 OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus 2
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
That’s it! congrats your device is now running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based OxygenOS 3.1.0 latest firmware, give us your feed back.