OnePlus has started rolling out the incremental update OxygenOS 2.2.3 for OnePlus X. The OxygenOS 2.2.3 has multiple improvements as mentioned below in the what’s new statement. Team OnePlus also promised to release the Marshmallow update for OnePlus X as the developement is still in progress and this update is the first glimple of Marshmallow release. Till then it is always recommended to keep your device update firmware up to date to ensure security. For downloading the OxygenOS 2.2.3 you can give a check for the OTA update, navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
Below we have mentioned two different procedures to update your OnePlus X on OxygenOS 2.2.3, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest OxygenOS 2.2.3 on your OnePlus X.
What’s new in OxygenOS 2.2.3 for OnePlus X
- Implemented September Android security patches
- Added necessary dependencies for Marshmallow upgrade
How to install OxygenOS 2.2.3 on OnePlus X
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus X USB drivers
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.2.3 on OnePlus X via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Copy the OxygenOS 2.2.3 OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.2.3 on OnePlus X via TWRP
This process is for users with TWRP recovery installed, if you didn’t have TWRP recovery then follow this guide to flash TWRP recovery on your device
Download Oxygen OS 2.2.3 for OnePlus X [For TWRP recovery users]
Just follow the below steps in sequence to install OxygenOS 2.2.3 on your OnePlus X.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the OxygenOS 2.2.3 complete firmware zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or any third party app.
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the OxygenOS 2.2.3 file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
Download OxygenOS 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 incremental OTA update for OnePlus X. Click here [For users who are already on OxygenOS 2.2.2]
That’s it! If you have successfully updated OxygenOS 2.2.3 on your OnePlus X please let us know, for any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Please give us like to say thanks and stay tune on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.