OnePlus has started rolling out latest update OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X. The OxygenOS 2.2.2 is still the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based update but it contains multiple improvements as mentioned below in the change-log. Team OnePlus also promised to release the Marshmallow update for OnePlus One as the developement is still in progress. Till then it is always recommended to keep your device update firmware up to date to ensure security. For downloading the OxygenOS 2.2.2 you can give a check for the OTA update, navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
Below we have mentioned two different procedures to update your OnePlus X on OxygenOS 2.2.2, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest OxygenOS 2.2.2 on your OnePlus X.
Change log of OxygenOS 2.2.2
How to install OxygenOS v2.2.2 on OnePlus X
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus X USB drivers
Download these files:
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.2.2 on OnePlus X via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Copy the OxygenOS 2.2.2 OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.2.2 on OnePlus X via TWRP
This process is for users with TWRP recovery installed, or follow this guide to flash TWRP recovery on your device
Download Oxygen OS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X [For TWRP recovery users]
Just follow the below steps in sequence to install OxygenOS 2.2.2 on your OnePlus X.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the OxygenOS 2.2.2 complete firmware zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or any third party app.
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the OxygenOS 2.2.2 file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it! If you have successfully updated OxygenOS 2.2.2 on your OnePlus X please let us know, for any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Please give us like to say thanks and stay tune on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.