OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 2.2.1 for OnePlus X. The OxygenOS 2.2.1 is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop but it contains multiple improvements as mentioned by the Official OnePlus Team including, data leak fix while roaming, issue of app drawer not launching is fixed now you can access the app drawer even when search bar is hidden, GMS upgrade to 3.0, latest security patches and much more. Give a check for the OTA update, navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
Below we have mentioned two different procedures to update your OnePlus X on OxygenOS 2.2.1, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest OxygenOS 2.2.1 on your OnePlus X.
How to install OxygenOS v2.2.1 on OnePlus X
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus X USB drivers
Download these files:
Download OxygenOS v2.2.1 OTA update for OnePlus X. Click here
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.2.1 on OnePlus X via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Copy the OxygenOS v2.2.1 OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.1.3 on OnePlus X via TWRP
Download OxygenOS v2.2.1 complete update for OnePlus X devices with custom recovery installed. Click here
Just follow the below steps in sequence to install OxygenOS v2.2.1 on your OnePlus X.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the OxygenOS v2.2.1 complete firmware zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or any third party app.
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the OxygenOS v2.2.1 file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it! If you have successfully updated OxygenOS v2.2.1 on your OnePlus X please let us know, for any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Please give us like to say thanks and stay tune on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.