Stock firmware Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now available for Huawei Honor 4X. Huawei has officially released Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware for Honor 4X, in this guide we are going to show you the method to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow stock firmware on Huawei Honor 4X. The update is not available via OTA but if we have mentioned the OTA procedure below for your ease if later Huawei plans to release the update through OTA. We have also mentioned the manual procedure to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow stock firmware on Huawei Honor 4X just go ahead and follow it to successfully update your device.
How to update Huawei Honor 4X on Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Huawei Honor 4X to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. You use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Huawei servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later.
How to update Huawei Honor 4X to Android 6.0 Marshmallow manually
To update your Huawei Honor 4X via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Download Huawei USB drivers
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes installation procedure of Huawei’ Stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware file specified for your device from the below provided links.
- Download and Extract Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware
Process to update Huawei Honor 4X to Android 6.0 Marshmallow manually
- Open the Extracted firmware folder for Huawei Honor 4X, there you will see a folder with the name dload >> Update.APP.
- Now Connect your Honor 4X to PC and copy the dload folder with Update.APP file inside it to the internal storage of your device.
- Now open the Update menu under Settings
- Tap Menu key and select Local Update
- The device will start search for the UPDATE.APP you copied earlier.
- Once the device successfully completed the search a pop up will appear to install the latest update.
- Choose install and wait for the installation process to complete.
- You device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! you have successfully update your Huawei Honor 4X to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your comment in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.