Google started rolling out latest factory image MMB29O based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Nexus 7 2013. The MMB29O factory image is packed with security patches along other improvements to give you an experience of a bug free and secure firmware. The MMB29O factory image for Nexus 7 2013 is live via OTA but in this tutorial we are going to guide you on how to manually install the Android 6.0.1 MMB29O factory image on Nexus 7 2013.
In the previous guide we have posted the tutorial to flash the MMB29O factory image on Nexus 6P and in this guide using the same process we will update MMB29O factory image on Nexus 7 2013. These updates are also available via OTA first you can also check that way via OTA, go to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Google servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later. If this method doesn’t work for you follow the below description. To update your Nexus device manually, you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
How to update MMB29O Android 6.0.1 M factory image on Nexus 7 2013
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Your device bootloader should be unlock or Follow our guide (Follow this guide as bootloader unlock process for all Nexus devices is the same)
Download MMB29O factory image for Nexus 7 2013:
Once done with the pre-requisite files and tools needed in the installation process then just go ahead and follow the below simple steps. The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install MMB29O factory image on Nexus 7 2013
- Extract the MMB29O factory image file you have downloaded earlier.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode, to do so press and hold the Volume down + Power button at the same time until you see a screen with fastboot written on the top.
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now open any one of the extracted firmware folder.
- Now connect your device to PC during fastboot and run the “flash-all script” file present in the same folder.
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
Also read: Root and install TWRP recovery on Nexus 7 2013 on MMB29O (Soon available)
That’ it! You have successfully updated your Nexus 7 2013 to the latest MMB29O Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow factory image. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.