Google has just released the latest version of it’s Operating System Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Google Nexus 6P. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Nexus 6P carries the build number MMB29M and is packed with the goodies of latest version of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Huawei Nexus 6P a latest released high-end smartphone with powerful hardware and decent specifications. The production of this Nexus 6P is collaboration of Google with the Chinese manufacturer Huawei, if you already got your hands on Nexus 6P then we have managed to grab the latest factory image with build number MMB29M. If you are looking for the easiest method to install any of these updates, follow the below instructions to install the MMB29M factory image on Huawei Nexus 6P. But first give a try to manual check for the OTA, go to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Google servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later. If this method doesn’t work for you follow the below description. To update your Nexus device manually, you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Your device bootloader should be unlock or Follow our guide
Download MMB29M factory Image for Nexus 6P from the link provided below.
Download MMB29M factory image for Nexus 6P
How to update your Nexus 6P to MMB29M factory image
The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install MMB29M factory image on Nexus 6P
- Extract the MMB29M factory image file you have downloaded earlier.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode, to do so press and hold the Volume down + Power button at the same time until you see a screen with fastboot written on the top.
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now open any one of the extracted firmware folder.
- Now connect your device to PC during fastboot and run the “flash-all script” file present in the same folder.
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
That’ it! You have successfully updated your Nexus 6P to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via latest MMB29M factory image. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.