Samsung has started sending the fifth Android 7.0 Nougat beta update for Galaxy S7 Edge G935F users in England and South Korea. The Android 7.0 fifth Nougat beta for S7 Edge G935F is released for the users who have already registered to Galaxy Beta Program.
The fifth Nougat beta update brings build number G935FXXU1ZPLN with some improvements and minor issues are addressed in the update. Random reboot issue was reported by the users in the last update but now it is fixed, the locksreen notifications bar becomes transparent and more.
If you are already running the fourth Nougat beta on S7 Edge then your device is eligible for the update, sooner or later you would get the update notification alert on your device. The update weighs about 301MB for the users who are running the 4th beta update.
Thank fully the G935FXXU1ZPLN firmware tar is also available, in case you don’t qualify for the OTA update just grab the firmware and follow the Odin method to flash the file via Odin flashtool. Everything from OTA to Odin is mentioned below just go ahead and follow the detailed guide.
Nougat Firmware details:
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Build Number: G935FXXU1ZPLN
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by three different software update methods and we have mentioned all of them below.
1 – OTA
2 – Samsung Kies
3 – Odin flash
You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on G935FXXU1ZPLN Android 7.0 Nougat.
How to update Galaxy S7 Edge G935F to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on G935FXXU1ZPLN firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on G935FXXU1ZPLN Android 7.0 Nougat via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on Android 7.0 Nougat using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware via Odin.
First download the G935FXXU1ZPLN firmware here and then follow the below link to see the Odin update method.
How to install G935FXXU1ZPLN Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 Edge G935F manually via ODIN
First you need to download the firmware and then follow the guide below to update your device.
Gives us your feed back on how did you find our guide for updating Galaxy S7 Edge G935F on Android 7.0 Nougat based G935FXXU1ZPLN firmware. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and like our Google+ community for future update.