Just another Galaxy S7 G930F stock Android 7.0 Nougat based stable firmware update is rolling out for users in United Kingdom. The new update comes more improvements over the last update, carries build number G930FXXU1DQB3 and is rolling out now, if you are living in the above mentioned regions, be prepared you may see the OTA firmware knock anytime soon. Multiple users have reported about receiving the OTA now, if you wish to install the update via Kies or Odin we have mentioned all the possible procedure to catch the update.
Previously we have posted a guide about flashing stock Nougat G935FXXU1DQAS firmware on European Galaxy S7 Edge variants as mainly the update was rolling out for Europe. But if you get an Odin flashable tar file then you can update the firmware on any Galaxy S7 regardless of Region. Just go ahead and see the complete instructions to update stock Nougat G930FXXU1DQB3 firmware on Galaxy S7 G930F.
Nougat Firmware details:
Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S7
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Build Number: G930FXXU1DQB3
Build Date: 30.1.2017
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by three different software update methods and we have mentioned all of them below.
1 – OTA
2 – Samsung Kies
3 – Odin flash
You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy S7 G930F on G930FXXU1DQB3 Android 7.0 Nougat.
How to update Galaxy S7 G930F to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy S7 G930F on G930FXXU1DQB3 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy S7 G930F on G930FXXU1DQB3 Android 7.0 Nougat via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy S7 G930F on Android 7.0 Nougat using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your Galaxy S7 G930F on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware via Odin.
First download the G930FXXU1DQB3 firmware here and then follow the below link to see the Odin update method.
How to update G930FXXU1DQB3 Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S7 G930F manually via ODIN
First you need to download the firmware and then follow the guide below to update your device.
Download the G930FXXU1DQB3 firmware tar.
Reboot into Download Mode or follow this guide to see how to reboot into download mode.
Gives us your feed back on how did you find our guide for updating Galaxy S7 G930F on Android 7.0 Nougat based G930FXXU1DQB3 firmware. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and like our Google+ community for future update.