AT&T is rolling out latest firmware updates for it’s Galaxy devices. This time AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A is receiving this latest update carrying build number G891AUCU2APK2 packed with multiple improvement and latest security patches for the ongoing month of November, the update weighs about 413 MB so you need a working internet connection to download it quickly via OTA on your device. The update is live now and users are reporting about receiving the OTA notification. The G891AUCU2APK2 firmware is the stock TouchWiz based Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow that is available via OTA (Over-The-Air), the OTA notification will knock at your device anytime soon.
Samsung is rolling out firmware updates for most of the awaited devices on daily basis and we have posted guide on the firmware update process of these devices. In the following guide we are going to use the same process to update G891AUCU2APK2 firmware on AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A, just go ahead and start the installation procedure below you can find the G891AUCU2APK2 firmware information.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S7 Active (AT&T)
Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by two different software update methods. You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A on Android 6.0.1 G891AUCU2APK2 Marshmallow via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A to G891AUCU2APK2 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A on G891AUCU2APK2 firmware via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A to using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A to latest firmware via Odin. Odin is a third party tool use to update the device firmware, this is a manual way to update the device firmware if the above two methods doesn’t work for you.
How to update G891AUCU2APK2 firmware on AT&T Galaxy S7 Active G891A via Odin
Download the firmware from below and then follow this guide to update G891AUCU2APK2 firmware on Galaxy S7 Active manually via ODIN
What to do if your device stuck in boot animation
This is an optional method if your device is taking longer and won’t boot and stuck on the Samsung logo for the duration of more then 10-15 minutes. This is bootloop or soft brick, you can perform the below described 2 steps to fix the bootloop. However the chances of getting soft brick are rare after flashing Stock Firmware.
- Pull the battery out from your device and re-install it.
- Now boot your device into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up+Home+power buttons simultaneously.
- Once your device boot into recovery mode, from the main menu select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe
- Cache Partition then go back and select reboot system now. (Use volume keys to navigate)
Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G891AUCU2APK2 firmware for AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based G891AUCU2APK2 firmware. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.