Just after G355HXXU0AOI5 another latest G355HXXU0AOK2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update started rolling out for Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H. As usual we are here at thunderztech.com to help you install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat based G355HXXU0AOK2 firmware on your Galaxy Core 2 Duos. We have already wrote tutorials on the firmware update process of multiple Samsung devices and in this guide we are going to follow the same process.
The G355HXXU0AOK2 firmware is specifically released for the Galaxy Core 2 duos with model SM-G355H, don’t try it on any other devices. Just follow the below description to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat G355HXXU0AOK2 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H.
G355HXXU0AOK2 firmware details:
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
How to update Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H Manually using ODIN
To update your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including stock firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Download and Extract Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware file specified for your device from the below provided link.
- Download G355HXXU0AOK2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Process to update Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H to Android 4.4.2 KitKat G355HXXU0AOK2 Firmware
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click Odin3.10.exe to run the Odin flash tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If everything goes well Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the firmware file (tar.md5) that you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete. Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H to G355HXXU0AOK2 firmware Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If you feel any type of difficulty during the update process, please let us know by posting your queries in the below comment box. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.