Stock Android 7.0 Nougat firmware will take some time to reach the users end as multiple devices are still in the waiting list. OEMs are testing Nougat firmware for their respective devices and the regular release will start in the beginning of next year. If you think you can’t wait for the official release or you device is not supported for the Nougat firmware then here we have great news for you, now you can easily update your Galaxy S4 gt-i9506 on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware via crDroid custom ROM. The Galaxy S4 being too old will never get Nougat update even Marshmallow is not supported on Galaxy S4.
The crDroid 7.0.0 ROM is easy to install, all you need is working TWRP recovery installed on your device, or if you don’t have that nothing to worry simply follow the below guide where you’ll find steps to install TWRP recovery on your device to firmware installation. We have posted custom Android Nougat ROMs related guide on other devices by using the same process you can have overview of them as well as the process is almost same. One more thing we must clear before proceeding that, the crDroid 7.0.0 ROM is not a Stock firmware by Samsung but it’s a custom firmware so think verify this before proceeding.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S4 i9506 via crDroid 7.0.0 ROM
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations including Custom Rom. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
Download Samsung USB drivers, necessary for PC-Android connection (if your device is not detected by the computer)
Download and install latest TWRP on Galaxy S4 or visit our recovery section and choose your device model.
Backup your important data or follow this guide to create a Nandroid Backup of your device. (This will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware, if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware)
Process to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy S4 i9506 via crDroid 7.0.0 ROM
Note: The Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S4 i9506 is currently in the testing stages so you may experience some bugs but most of the features are working fine. You can visit the XDA page for more information about the ROM but if you are interested to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on your Galaxy S4 i9506 then just go ahead and follow the below description.
- Download the ROM file from the link provided below along Google Apps(gapps) package as well.
- Connect your device to your PC and copy the both ROM and google apps zip files onto your device storage.
- If you have download the ROM using your Phone then no need to perform the step 2.
- Turn of your device and boot into TWRP custom Recovery menu by the hardware keys combination or using any third party app (Mostly found in Play store).
- Once your device enters into TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup of your device or follow our guide to create a Nandroid backup (this will create a backup of your complete device including current firmware) if something goes wrong you can restore your previous firmware.
- Once the Nandroid process completes, tap on “Wipe” and then swipe the slider from left to right to begin the wipe process (This will reset your device to factory)
- Now it’s the time to flash the Android Nougat firmware on your device. Choose install and navigate to the folder in which you have copied the Nougat zip file
- Swipe across the slider to confirm install, wait for a few minutes till the file is completely installed in your device.
- Once done with the above step, now apply the same process with the installation of gapps.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once completed Reboot your device.
Note: If your device stuck at boot logo or taking longer then 7-10 minutes then follow this guide to fix this issue
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat via crDroid 7.0.0 ROM on Galaxy S4 i9506. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat crDroid 7.0.0 ROM for Galaxy S4 i9506. Click here
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Google Apps. Here