Latest security patch updates for the month of April 2016 has started rolling out for Google Nexus devices. Android 6.0.1 based MMB29X April Security patch for Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 LTE and Nexus 9 LTE are now available on Google Official Website (Link mentioned below). The MMB29X factory image for Nexus devices brought multiple improvements along improved security and bug fixes in overall firmware. In this guide we are going to show you how to install MMB29X factory image on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 LTE and Nexus 9 LTE.
If you are the users of any one of the above mentioned devices then you will be receiving the OTA notification any time soon but if you want to flash the firmware without waiting for the OTA update just follow our step by step guide below. You can also give a check for the OTA notification whether it’s already about to knock at your device, go to
Settings >> About device >> System update and check for the software updates.
How to manually update MMB29X on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 LTE and Nexus 9 LTE
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Your device bootloader should be unlock or Follow our guide (You can follow this guide as the bootloader unlock process is almost same for every Nexus device)
- Download adb-and fastboot
Download MMB29X factory image for Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 LTE and Nexus 9 LTE from the link provided below.
Download MMB29X factory image for Nexus 5
Download MMB29X factory image for Nexus 6
Download MMB29X factory image for Nexus 7 LTE
Download MMB29X factory image for Nexus 9 LTE
Once done with the pre-requisite files and tools needed in the installation process then just go ahead and follow the below simple steps. The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install MMB29X factory image on Nexus devices.
- Extract the MMB29X factory image file you have downloaded earlier and copy all the files to adb-fastboot folder’s directory.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode, to do so press and hold the Volume down + Power button at the same time until you see a screen with fastboot written on the top.
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now open any one of the extracted firmware folder.
- Now connect your device to PC during fastboot and run the “flash-all script” file present in the same folder.
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
That’ it! You have successfully updated Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 LTE and Nexus 9 LTE on MMB29X Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.