Finally Google is pushing the final build of Android 7.0 Nougat update for Nexus 6. The Nougat update for Nexus 6 was promised a long time ago when the device left hung out to dry with the Nougat Developer Preview that was released for other Nexus devices as well. The Android 7.0 Nougat update for Nexus 6 carries build number NBD90Z and is rolling out via OTA, the Nexus 6 owners that were registered with the Android beta program are eligible for the update. In this guide we are going to show you how to manually install NBD90Z factory image on Nexus 6 we have mentioned the link to firmware file below, the firmware size is almost 860MB so you need to have a working internet connection to download it. But first give a check for the OTA notification whether it’s already about to knock at your device, go to
Settings >> About device >> System update and check for the software updates.
If the above process doesn’t work for you then no need to waste your time, just flash the firmware without waiting for the OTA update and follow our step by step guide below.
How to manually update NBD90Z on Nexus 6
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 80%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Your device bootloader should be unlock or Follow this guide (You can follow this guide as the bootloader unlock process is almost same for every Nexus device)
- Download adb-and fastboot
Download NBD90Z factory image for Nexus 6 from the link provided below.
Once done with the pre-requisite files and tools needed in the installation process then just go ahead and follow the below simple steps. The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install NBD90Z factory image on Nexus devices.
- Extract the NBD90Z factory image file you have downloaded earlier and copy all the files to adb-fastboot folder’s directory.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode, to do so press and hold the Volume down + Power button at the same time until you see a screen with fastboot written on the top.
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now open any one of the extracted firmware folder.
- Now connect your device to PC during fastboot and run the “flash-all script” file present in the same folder.
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
That’ it! You have successfully updated Nexus 6 on NBD90Z Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.