Marshmallow is making it’s way towards numerous Samsung devices yet another Galaxy device is going to taste the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware, this time it’s Galaxy On7. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy On7 with model SM-G600F is now available via OTA, you can also update the firmware manually via Odin. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy On7 G600F carries build number G600FXXU1APF8 and is packed with amazing new features packed inside it including Doze Battery Optimization feature, redesigned Interface and much more. If you are the proud owner of Galaxy On7 G600F then what are you waiting for just go ahead and follow the below detailed tutorial to download and install G600FXXU1APF8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on Galaxy On7 G600F.
The G600FXXU1APF8 is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is rolling out via OTA (Over-The-Air), the OTA notification will knock at your device anytime soon. If you want to install G600FXXU1APF8 firmware Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware manually without waiting for the OTA on your Galaxy On7 G600F then follow the below description we have mentioned three methods including OTA, Kies and the Odin.
Samsung is rolling out firmware updates for most of the awaited devices on daily basis and we have posted guide on the firmware update process of other Galaxy devices. In the following guide we are going to use the same process to update G600FXXU1APF8 firmware on Galaxy On7 G600F, just go ahead and start the installation procedure below you can find the firmware information.
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy On7
Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by three different software update methods. You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy On7 G600F on G600FXXU1APF8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
How to update Galaxy On7 G600F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy On7 G600F to G600FXXU1APF8 firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy On7 G600F on G600FXXU1APF8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy On7 G600F to using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If this process doesn’t helped you, proceed further to manually update your Galaxy On7 G600F to latest firmware via Odin. Odin is a third party tool use to update the device firmware, this is a manual way to update the device firmware if the above two methods doesn’t work for you.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FXXU1APF8 on Galaxy On7 G600F via Odin
To update your Galaxy On7 G600F via Odin tools you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Download and Extract Odin 3.10.6
Download Samsung USB drivers
Before you Begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware, Custom ROM, Custom recovery and rooting. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
Note: If you can’t see Developer Options on your device setting’s menu then you have to perform an extra step, go to Settings >> About device >> Navigate downward till you see an option “Build number” Tap it seven time quickly until it says “you are now a developer” . This will enable Developers Options on your device in the Settings menu now go back and enable USB debugging as described in the above step.
Download and Extract G600FXXU1APF8 firmware file from the below provided link.
Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G600FXXU1APF8 firmware for Galaxy On7 G600F. Click here
Process to update Galaxy On7 G600F on G600FXXU1APF8 firmware
If you are new to this tool then you have to pay attention on the step by step sequence to avoid any mishap during the update process.
- Click Odin.exe to run the Odin tool.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off your device properly and turn it on again by pressing and holding Home Button+Volume Down +Power Key simultaneously until you see a warning now press Volume up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- If you have properly installed USB drivers on your PC, Odin will detect your device and the ID:COM box should turn blue which indicates that your device has been successfully added.
- Please make sure “Auto Reboot & F.Reset Time” options are checked in the Options Tab on Odin screen.
- Now click the AP tab and select the firmware TAR file that you have downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Hit the start button at the bottom and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the firmware update process is completed you will see a “PASS” message in the ID:COM box (as shown).
- Your device will automatically reboot with the newly flashed firmware.
What to do if your device stuck in boot animation
This is an optional method if your device is taking longer and won’t boot and stuck on the Samsung logo for the duration of more then 10-15 minutes. This is bootloop or soft brick, you can perform the below described 2 steps to fix the bootloop. However the chances of getting sofbrick are rare after flashing Stock Firmware.
- Pull the battery out from your device and re-install it.
- Now boot your device into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up+Home+power buttons simultaneously.
- Once your device boot into recovery mode, from the main menu select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe
- Cache Partition then go back and select reboot system now. (Use volume keys to navigate)
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Galaxy On7 G600F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based G600FXXU1APF8 firmware. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.