OnePlus 2 is just getting another update OxygenOS v2.1.2 based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop from OnePlus. Previously it received OxygenOS v2.1.1 which included security patched and some other improvements, in this guide we are going to share the step by process to install the latest OxygenOS v2.1.2 on OnePlus 2. Oneplus has mentioned the list of improvements which they have made in the OxygenOS v2.1.2 including UX improvemnts in Camera, better performance in download and install feature, security patched and much more. The update is rolling out via OTA with size 24.6 MB, which means it’s not that big update and will be downloaded quickly. Give a check for the OTA update, go to
Settings >> About device >> Check for updates
The update comes in 2 form, one is the OTA update with the size of 24.6 MB for the devices in stock un-rooted conditions are eligible for receiving the OTA updates and can be installed using stock recovery. While the other form of OxygenOS 2.1.2 is the complete firmware which can be installed using custom recovery like TWRP (we have provided the link to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2 in the below description).
Below we have mentioned the above described two methods for updating your OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 2.1.2, just go ahead and follow them to easily install the latest OxygenOS 2.1.2 on your OnePlus 2
How to install OxygenOS v2.1.2 on your OnePlus 2
Before you begin:
Disclaimer: This tutorial includes multiple operations which include flashing Stock Firmware. Follow the guide on your own risk, we are not responsible if you brick or damage your device however the chances of bricking a device are rare but you have to pay full attention on the complete guide to avoid any issues and difficulties while performing any of the above mentioned operation.
Your phone battery should be charged minimum 60%
Download OnePlus 2 USB drivers
TWRP recovery must be installed along root access on OnePlus 2 or follow this guide
Download these files:
Download OxygenOS v2.1.2 complete ROM for rooted devices (will be available soon)
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.1.2 on OnePlus 2 via Stock Recovery (Non Rooted devices)
- Copy the OxygenOS v2.1.2 OTA zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus 2
- Turn off your device and reboot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, use Vol up or Vol down button to navigate and select apply updates.
- Browse and select update zip file sized 24.6 MB and flash it.
- Once done reboot your device.
Procedure to install OxygenOS v2.1.2 on OnePlus 2 via TWRP
Just follow the below steps in sequence to install OxygenOS v2.1.2 on your OnePlus 2.
- Connect your device to your PC
- Copy the OxygenOS v2.1.2 complete firmware zip file to the internal memory of your OnePlus 2
- Turn off your device and enter into Recovery mode by using hardware key combination or any third party app.
- Once your device reboot into recovery mode, hit Install
- Select the OxygenOS v2.1.2 file and swipe the slider to start flashing.
- Once the installation process is complete, select Reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully installed OxygenOS v2.1.2 on your One Plus 2. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.