Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Google servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash later. If this method doesn’t work for you follow the below description. To update your Nexus device manually, you need to download necessary files which you are going to use in the update process.
Before you Begin:
- Please ensure your phone battery should be charged at minimum 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Nexus.
- Your device bootloader should be unlock or Follow our guide
Download MDA89D and MDB08K factory Images for Nexus 6P from the link provided below.
Download MDA89D factory image for Nexus 6P
Download MDB08K factory image for Nexus 6P
How to update your Nexus 6P to MDA89D/MDB08K factory images
The process is very simple all you have to do is just follow the below simple steps to install MDA89D and MDB08K factory images on Nexus 6P
- Extract the MDA89D/MDB08K factory image file you have downloaded earlier.
- Turn of your device & reboot into bootloader mode, to do so press and hold the Volume down + Power button at the same time until you see a screen with fastboot written on the top.
- Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, now open any one of the extracted firmware folder.
- Now connect your device to PC during fastboot and run the “flash-all script” file present in the same folder.
- The installation process will take some and when it is completed you will be notified.
That’ it! You have successfully updated your Nexus 6P to the latest MDA89D/MDB08K factory image. If you have any query feel free to contact us by posting your queries in the below provided comment section. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.