In this guide we will let you know how to backup and restore Whatsapp conversation on Google drive. The Google Drive backups is the latest feature introduces by WhatsApp, by using this feature you will be able to backup and restore your important WhatsApp conversation including Photos and videos on Google Drive. In fact this is the wonderful feature introduces by Whatsapp because in the previous Whatsapp versions you were tied to local backup which need manual transfer from one device to another.
Now the latest Back up feature in Whatsapp has made the backup process a lot easier, all you need to do is just back up your conversation and media on the Google drive and restore it easily even if you switch to another device. This is not the all but Whatsapp provide a timely backup schedule feature which automatically creates a backup on Google drive with predefined time interval including daily basis, weekly and monthly. Follow the below guide to backup and restore Whatsapp conversation on Google drive.
How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp conversation including media on Google Drive
The Backup/Restore process is very simple, follow the step by step process to know about Backup/Restore conversation with Google Drive.
Download and install WhatsApp 2.12.306 apk (Optional if you are using older version without backup feature)
- Tap on the WhatsApp icon in the app drawer on anywhere you have placed on your device.
- Now go to setting menu of WhatsApp by clicking the three dot icon shown on the top right.
- Among the list of settings you will see Chats and Calls >> Chat Backup.
- Select the Google Drive Backup option and then select the account you use to login to your Google Drive.
- You can select the automatic backup option with time interval, select the one you find good for you.
That’s it you have successfully backed up your WhatsApp conversation including media on Google Drive.
How to Restore WhatsApp conversation including media on Google Drive
- Open Whatsapp and click the three dot button again on the top right.
- Select Chats and Calls >> Chat Backup.
- Select the Google Drive Backup and restore
That’s all! We hope you have learned the process to Backup/Restore WhatsApp conversation with Google Drive. If you have any query, please let us know by posting your queries in the below comment box. Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ for future update.