Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F is rolling out in Poland. The Marshmallow update contain build number XXU3DPAD/XXU3DPAJ/DPX3DPAF respectively and currently available at T-Mobile carrier. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is packed with multiple new features including new rounded icons, fast animation speed and latest notification bar. The G920FXXU3DPAD firmware is the stock TouchWiz based Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and will be rolling out via OTA (Over-The-Air), the OTA notification will knock at your device anytime soon.
Samsung is rolling out firmware updates for most of the awaited devices on daily basis and we have posted guide on the firmware update process of these devices. In the following guide we are going to use the same process to update G920FXXU3DPAD firmware on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, just go ahead and start the installation procedure below you can find the G920FXXU3DPAD firmware information.
G920FXXU3DPAD firmware details:
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S6
Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy devices can be updated to newer firmware by two different software update methods. You can follow any one of them you find easy but every firmware update process has some limitations and requirements. If you have installed custom recovery on your device it will be replaced by the Stock Recovery image and your device will become completely Stock after flashing the firmware. Below are the three firmware update methods you can follow to update your Galaxy S6 SM-G920F on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
How to update Galaxy S6 SM-G920F on Android 6.0.1 G920FXXU3DPAD Marshmallow via OTA (Over The Air) method
This is the first and preferably the most easiest method to update your Galaxy S6 SM-G920F to G920FXXU3DPAD firmware. You can use your device to download the firmware file if available and then the device will ask you to install the updates now or later. As we mentioned above the limitation of OTA method is that you can update your device to latest firmware only as long as you are present inside the region where the OTA has landed and your device is in stock un-rooted condition because rooted device will not able to receive the OTA updates then you have to un-root your device or switch to the alternative methods like Kies or Odin. To check whether your device is eligible for OTA Firmware update, unlock your device & navigate to
Settings >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates
This will require a working internet connection to connect to the Samsung servers. You will receive a notification about the latest firmware availability click install to flash the firmware or tap install later to flash the latest update anytime later.
How to update Galaxy S6 SM-G920F on G920FXXU3DPAD firmware via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is another useful firmware update application for Samsung and a bit easier to use, just follow the below steps to update your Galaxy S6 SM-G920F on G920FXXU3DPAD firmware using Samsung Kies.
- Download the Samsung Kies application from the Samsung website and install it on your windows PC or Mac.
- Once the installation process completes, click the Kies icon to run the application.
- Now connect your device to the PC using USB data cable.
- You device will be automatically detected by Kies application and now you can perform multiple functions apart from the firmware update. The Kies application allows you to create a backup of your device before updating to new firmware, click the “Backup and Restore” button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once you successfully created a back up of your device now you can update your device to latest available firmware.
- Click the Firmware Upgrade button to check whether new firmware is available for your device, if the firmware is available for your device you will be notified.
- Proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed.
If you got the update notification or have updated your Galaxy S6 SM-G920F to Android 6.0.1 G920FXXU3DPAD firmware let us know.